How much time do I have to file an overtime claim?
There are important time limits for filing wage and hour claims in California. The statute of limitations for filing an overtime claim is typically at least three years from the date the wages were earned. In most cases, employees can recover up to four years of unpaid wages, plus interest and penalties, prior to the date of filing an action.
If you miss the deadline for filing a wage claim, you may no longer have the right to recover unpaid wages from your employer. If you suspect you have not been paid all due wages, overtime, or commissions, contact an experienced San Francisco employment lawyer right away. McCormack Law Firm can advise you of your rights and help you obtain the overtime you are owed.
Other Unpaid Wage, Overtime and Commission FAQs:
- Am I entitled to meal breaks and rest breaks if I am working remotely?
- Are computer programmers and tech workers exempt from overtime?
- Can an employer disclose my immigration status if I file a claim for unpaid wages?
- Can I get fired for claiming overtime pay?
- Can my employer change my commission plan or withhold commissions?
- Can my employer fire me for filing a wage claim?
- Can salaried workers earn overtime in California?
- Do I still get overtime if I am a commissioned salesperson?
- Does my employer have to pay me for off-the-clock work?
- Does my employer have to reimburse me for work expenses?
- How can a lawyer help with my claim for unpaid wages?
- How can I protect myself from wage theft?
- How can I tell if I am an independent contractor?
- How do I file a claim for unpaid wages?
- How do I know if I am entitled to overtime pay?
- How do I know if my employer needs to pay me overtime?
- How is overtime pay calculated in California?
- How much time do I have to file a wage claim in California?
- How much time do I have to file an overtime claim?
- If I receive a salary, am I exempt from overtime?
- If my employment is terminated, is my employer still required to pay me my commissions?
- Is my employer allowed to deduct anything from my paycheck?
- Is my employer allowed to deduct tips from my paycheck?
- Is my employer allowed to withhold my final wages after firing me?
- Is my employer required to pay for my meal break and rest breaks?
- My employer is forcing me to work through meal breaks. What should I do?
- What are some examples of wage theft?
- What are the main differences between an independent contractor and an employee?
- What is an exempt and non-exempt employee?
- What is the minimum wage in California?
- What should I do if I suspect my employer is withholding wages?
- What should I do if my boss asks me to work off the clock?
- What types of damages can I get in a wage claim against my employer?